- 1 Solder Station
- 2 Precision Solder Station
- 3 Tools
- 4 Computers / Computer Equipment
- 5 Misc. Equipment
The IEEE Solder station is equipped with the following:
- Hakko FX888 soldering station
- Agilent U1731C LCR meter
- Fluke 115 Handheld Multimeter
- Helping hands
- Solid-core and stranded wire
It is one of the most used locations in the lab. As such, it is often one of the first location to attract clutter after being cleaned, so please be courteous to others in the lab and clean up when you're done using it.
Precision Solder Station
The IEEE Precision Solder station is equipped with the following:
- OKi MFR-H6-SSC Soldering Iron (Cassandra)
- Sparkfun 303D hot-air rework station (Congress)
- ST60 stereo magnifier with led ring light and attached digital camera (Millhouse)
- T-962 Infrared IC Heater [reflow oven] (Easy)
- STU-100 Step up and down transformer with 5vDC out [100watt maximum]
- Helping hands
Please keep this area clean and remember to replace the cap and cover on the stereo magnifier.
The lab has a variety of tools available to help with your next project, these tools include development boards, oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering stations, a modified XYZ 3D printer, and much more.
See Lab Equipment main article.
Computers / Computer Equipment
Windows Computers (Nil, Lacerated, Bandicoot)
- Win7 64bit Enterprise
- AMD FX-8320 8-core processor
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
- 1 TB HDD
- Accounts given upon request.
- Floating User Accounts across local network
- Full range of campus software - see software list for details
- Current domain Server
- Slackware 14.1, with samba
- Old Domain server
- Gloves should not be used when servicing
- Print Computer
- Attached to XYZ 3D printer.
- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.39GHz
- 4.00 GB ram
- NVIDIA Quadro FX570 Graphics Card
- Windows 7 64 bit OS
- Might be PFRC property.
- Acetona, old media server. Status unknown, presumed working.
- Amanda, old webcam server. Has capture card. Status unknown, presumed working.
- HP Laserjet 4700dn Color Laser Duplex Printer
- HP Laserjet 8100 Black and White Printer (Betty)
- HP Laserjet 9500 Color Duplex Printer (Robin)
- HP Laserjet 9050dn Black and White Duplex Printer (Batman) - Spring 2016
E̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶p̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶M̶i̶l̶t̶o̶n̶)̶
- S̶w̶i̶n̶g̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶6̶7̶
- G̶e̶n̶e̶r̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ Reclaimed by Matt Gardeski
Pencil Sharpener (Stacy)
- Requires [Special Training]
- <Magic Chef s/n: 3513585800>
- Microwave AND Convection Oven!
Vending Machine (Hal)
- <model number>
- Each column holds 14x3 cans.
- 10 Channel Physical Soda Multiplexer
5c coins, 10c coins, 25c coins,$1 bills, old $5 bills
- Sports stylish Thinkgeek Electromagnet Radiation Spectrum poster on front
See Vending Machine Controller main article.
Shop Vac (Ruby)
- <model number>
- Sucks hard
- Wet / Dry vac
- filter clogs easily
Roomba 4100 Series (Dora)
- Theoretically programmed to activate at 05:00 every morning. If changing batteries, please plug the power cable from the dock into the robot before dropping out the battery, or the schedule will be lost.
- Usually gets tangled in cables, solder, string, rubber bands, mouse balls, shoes, and other inappropriately large objects.
- Named after the starship in Heinlein's Time Enough For Love (which you should read), NOT the "Dora The Explorer" children's cartoons.