The IEEE lab is a fully stocked electronics laboratory with capabilities which include Development Boards, Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, a Solder Station, a Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer, and much more. Most of the lab equipment has names which are listed on this page for convenience and so that you can get to know them better.
- 1 Soldering Equipment
- 2 Power Supplies
- 3 Oscilloscopes
- 4 Multimeters
- 5 LCR Meters
- 6 Signal Generator
- 7 Rapid Prototyping
- 8 Development Boards
- 8.1 AVR JTAG ICE MK2
- 8.2 STK500
- 8.3 MSP 430 flash emulation tool
- 8.4 MSP430 Launchpad
- 8.5 Altera DE2
- 8.6 Altera PLDT-2
- 8.7 ez-kit lite for the blackfin dsp family
- 8.8 altium designer livedesign evaluation kit
- 8.9 Lophilo xem-s91, ldb-u01
- 8.10 freescale HC11
- 8.11 freescale HCS12
- 8.12 Raspberry Pi model b 256mb
- 8.13 altera apex
- 8.14 mplab icd 2
- 9 Drill Press
- 10 Band Saw
- 11 Other Equipment
Hakko FX888 soldering station
OKi MFR-H6-SSC Soldering Iron (Cassandra)
Sparkfun 303D hot-air rework station (Congress)
T-962 Infrared IC Heater [reflow oven] (Easy)
Agilent (HP) 6237A
- DC Power Supply Triple Output
- 0-18V @ 0 to 1A
- 0 to +/-20V @ 0 to 0.5A
Loadstar 8103 (Todd)
- Constant output voltage range (CV)
- Dual 0-30V continuously variable with fine adjustable for model: 8102 and 8103.
- Load regulation: ≤ 0.01% + 3mV.
- Line regulation: ≤ 0.01% + 3mV.
- Recovery time: ≤ 100ns typical.
- Ripple voltage: Peak to peak ≤ 2m Vrms; ≤ 1mV.
- Temp. coefficient: 5mV / °C typical.
- Constant current range (CC): (3 Amp for model: 8102; 5 Amp for model: 8103)
- Adjustable current limit:
- 5% to 100%, 0.1A to 3A (model: 8102).
- 5% to 100%, 0.1A to 5A (model: 8103).
- Current line regulation: ≤ 0.2% + 3mA, load regulation: ≤ 0.2% + 3mA.
- Ripple current: ≤ 3m Arms.
- Output range: 0 to rating current continuously adjustable.
- Protection: CC / CV indicating lamp
- Protection against reverse polarity, over voltage, short circult, overload protection fully adjustable, current limiting and fuse primary protection.
- Meter: Built-in type, analog indicator, voltmeter x 2 pcs and ammeter x 2 pcs, ±2.5% of full scale.
- Operation mode: The unit can be operated either as two entirely independent single power supply, two separate DC voltage, or combined in tracking mode to produce equal dual (+) and (-) power supply. Meanwhile, both of two models 8102 and 8103 can be switchable automatically Series / Parallel operation as well.
Tektronix TDS-2014B (Michael)
- 100 MHZ bandwidth, Sample Rate 1 GS/sec Real Time
- 4 Channel
- Removable Data Storage using the Front-panel USB Port
- Advanced Triggers including Pulse Width Trigger and Line-selectable Video Trigger
- External and Internal Trigger
- FFT Function
Agilent 54621D (Emmett)
- 2 scope and 16 digital channels for mixed signal analysis
- 60-MHz Bandwidth, 200Megasamp/sec
- 4 MB of MegaZoom deep memory
- Triggering modes include I²C, SPI, LIN, CAN and USB
- External and Internal Trigger
- Standard built-in floppy, RS-232 and parallel ports, FFT's
- Save a file with the name "ROCK_ON" to unlock Astroids!
Tektronix TAS-455 ()
- 2 channel 60MHZ bandwidth
- AC, DC, GND input coupling
- 1MOhm input impedance
- External or Internal trigger
Tektronix TAS-2221A ()
- 100 MHz 2 Channel Scope, 100 MSa/sec
- Digital Storage
- 1MOhm input impedance
- Input Coupling: AC, DC GND
- External, Internal Triggering
Tektronix 7834 ()
- 400 MHz CRT storage scope
- 7a26 200 MHz dual-trace vertical plug-in
- 7a24 400 MHz dual-channel vertical plug-in
- 7b92a 500 MHz timebase plug-in
- 7b80 400MHz timebase plug-in
- C-59A Oscilloscope Camera
- Auto Ranging
- Capacitance, Continuity, Diode, Frequency Counter
- Max Current: 10A
- Max Voltage: 600V DC (600Vpeak AC)
Fluke Multimeters 8050A (Kelsey, Cameron, Nicole, Travis)
Tektronix AFG-3021 (Robert)
- 1 Channel
- up to 250MHz sine waves
- arbitrary waveforms
- Can output AM, FM, PM, FSK, PWM
- Sweep and Burst
- USB Connector on Front Panel for Waveform Storage on Memory Device
XYZ da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer
This 3d printer replaced Rapman in the Spring of 2015. It arrived pre-assembled and calibrated. There is two extruder nozzles on this printer -- allowing multicolour prints. This printer currently prints with 1.75mm ABS plastic. The firmware on the printer has been replaced with an open-source version to allow other filament to be used that is not sold by XYZ. The firmware also allows complete control over the printer with the Repetier Host software. A Print Cam has been set up to monitor prints.
RapMan 3D Printer (Windell)
Manufactured by Bits From Bytes, the RapMan Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer kit was purchased in the Fall of 2011. Many of the acrylic components of the printer have shattered from normal use, and have since been replaced with printed replacements. It is currently the most used piece of equipment in the lab, leading to a high amount of ABS filament consumption; resulting in the planned construction of an ABS Recycler, and a tentative policy for members to purchase their own filament for large projects.
We have purchased a scale with which you can weigh your prints and donate accordingly
More info available in the RapMan 3D Printer main article.
Built by Matthew Gardeski for the MasterpiECE mania 2011 competition, this device allows laser printed board layouts to be fused to copper clad board so they can be etched. The fuserator has high and low settings as well as the ability to turn the heater off (but please keep it rolling until it cools down.
More info available in the The Fuserator main article.
AVR JTAG ICE MK2
description 1 presumed working, 1 presumed broken
MSP 430 flash emulation tool
MSP-FETP430IF 1.3 MSP-TS430PM64 rev: 0.1
ez-kit lite for the blackfin dsp family
altium designer livedesign evaluation kit
Lophilo xem-s91, ldb-u01
Raspberry Pi model b 256mb
mplab icd 2
Craftsman 10" Benchtop Drillpress - Model 21900
- 6.0 Amp, 120 Volts, 60 Hz motor
- Five operating speeds with a range between 620 - 3100 RPM
- Laser Trac® projects X and Y axis lines for accurate pre-alignment of drilling location
- 1/2" Drill chuck allows for woodworking and metal drill bits and sanding drums with up to a 1/2" shank
- Cast Iron work table measures 7-5/8" x 6-1/2", tilts up to 45 degrees left and right for bevel operations
- Rack and Pinion table elevation makes adjusting the table height easy and accurate
- 1/2" keyed drill chuck and chuck
IMPORTANT : A drillpress is not a mill. Please refrain from using it as one, as it does damage it. Thank you.
Enco 199-9030 (Mandi)
- Salter Brecknell 7010SB
- 3.5mm mono headphone jack as power connector
- 2.5mm mono headphone jack as rs232 serial output
- Platform Size - 8" L x 4.75" W (205mm L x 120mm W)
- Power- 9V AC adapter or 9V battery (not installed)
- 10lb/5kg capacity
See Audio Multiplexer main article.
- Knox RS8x8 routing switcher
- serially controlled by Acetona
- All audio on all the computers in the room are routed through this device
- You are NOT allowed to change anything about this setup, that includes plugging and unplugging devices, powering it on and off, anything
- You are permitted to go to 192.168.1.12 in any web browser and choose which computer has it's audio routed to the room speakers.